Whether you are a managing a website for a Photographer, Content Producer, Subscription-based contents or you are a IT personnel who has to manage a huge collection of images and videos, It is becoming a nightmare to find and manage your files, specially if they are stored in server's hard drive or in NAS in a very un-structured way (e.g. random folder names nested to each other).
In one way or another, you might be asking this kind of questions:
- > What are the photos taken around March 5, 2016?
- > How often I use this resolution and bitrate for my videos?
- > What is the average file sizes of photos I took on 1st week of April?
Though there might be some desktop applications that can manage these things for you, those are geared towards personal use and is hard to scale out using your single desktop computer, when lets say you have to handle 1 terabyte worth of media files. Integration is also a problem when you need to integrate it to a website and programmatically access along with some backend service.
There are online services that will both alow you manage your digital assets programmatically, like Flickr, Google Photos, Photo Bucket or Dropbox. But the problem is you usually don't want to upload "everything on the web", for example you just want to provide a local area network "search engine" to your employees and not outside the intranet. The cost might be also a big factor, when lets say you have 1+ terabyte worth of media files, this will be really expensive to host online.
Maver - a web application that allows your to build your own private Search engine just for your contents offers a lot of powerful capability to discover your existing contents.
- > No need to re-structure or re-upload your existing media files.
- > Can be easily scaled out in large deployments, even if you have terabytes of videos/photos!
- > Allows creation of albums, autocreation of thumbnails and different sizes of photos
- > It is Free!
Maver is a Laravel application and has a few requirements to run:
- PHP >= 5.5.9
- OpenSSL PHP Extension
- PDO PHP Extension
- Mbstring PHP Extension
- Tokenizer PHP Extension
- FTP Server